Friday, February 28, 2014

Day 58 (02/27)

SO yesterday was a lil bit more eventful. i had clinicals and i was able to do more things on my own. i ended up staining some blood slides and did a lot of blood draws. and i always perk up whenever another tech tells another tech about my skills because they always mention "she can draw blood" with emphasis like i'm good at it. idk, i've never had a clinic praise me much before so i'm enjoying it. i also got to do some radiographs and take history in appointments and i just got to do all this stuff on my own!!!! i'm starting to feel more confident. i guess it was a good idea to do clinicals 3 days a week.

after clinicals i went home to change because i thought i had a period stain on my scrubs, but i didn't. i changed anyway, which was a stupid idea because i forgot it was miniature horse day and i should've dressed appropriately. alex dropped me off at school and we had a lecture on bandaging and watched a view videos on general horse husbandry and then it was time to play with the horses!!!! it was kinda fun??? i guess???


our horse was named indie!! we basically just took a TPR, learned how to tail wrap and to apply bandages and  we cleaned out their hooves and groomed them and all that crap. i was covering my nose in the second picture because i was scared of allergies but honestly it just wasn't that bad. i ended up helping load them onto the trailer when they left and i was stuck in there with all the horses and had to push my way out and my allergies didn't even act up at all. 

before they left, the technician that brought them us showed us what she did for fun??? poor guys


yeeah. alex picked me up and took me home before going to the grocery store to make stuff for dinner. i took a short nap with my contacts in :( and then did another session of insanity while alex cooked. once i was done we had dinner while watching grey's and last night's tonight show. adam sandler is getting so old. :(

xoxo
jello


No comments:

Post a Comment