Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day 21 (01/21)

what did i even get myself into

well it was clinicals day. shit. it's basically the same thing every day at the shelter. this time we had 36 spays and neuters which is actually about 20 more than we usually get so it was pretty busy, we weren't even done with all of them by the time i left. i think we were on the 2nd to last cat. lemme think of some memorable cases...

this dog went in for a spay. i thought it was for something else because her tail looked a little wonky, so i went ahead and induced her anyway. when i asked what exactly we were doing they were like "spay" and i was like um...but she's tattooed and has a giant scar right here. they were like o fuck, just throw her in recovery then. lmao. so we basically anesthetized her for no reason. at least she got her rabies.

there was a 4 month old kitten i intubated all by myself!!!! it's impressive because even grown ass cats are difficult to intubate so be flippin proud of me

i held off for my own femoral vein blood draw. i got blood but i ended up blowing the vein because i forgot to stop holding off. damn. i also expressed bladders with one hand because i used my other hand to hold the bowl. i pointed out a dermatitis case to the doctor. I DIDN'T DIAGNOSE. i was like, "is this dermatitis?" she was like "why yes it is" damn why didn't i just go to school to be a DVM amirite

this saddest and most heartbreaking in more reasons than one was this lil guy. shit i don't even know his name i was just calling him spunky all day. because he reminded me of the lil cocker spaniel beanie baby when i was a kid. basically what zelda & angelo's puppies would look like if they had puppies. it was heartbreaking because he came in, 6 weeks old, as a stray. still had a harness on. he grew out of it but since there was no owner around to take it off it was embedded in his skin. had to take it off and suture it up and put a whole bandage around his chest, poor guy. also heartbreaking because it made me miss angelo terribly. had his colors and errthang



i was super exhausted when i got home, which i like because it means i did something productive that day. alex gave me a leg massage while we watched grey's. GOD cristina is getting real annoying with her whole "omg, all i care about are surgeries. so cool, i don't have feelings, what is even bedside manner?" and meredith's whole...existing type of deal. i love izzie she's my fave. alex is starting to get on my nerves too like stay the heck out of ur patients' businesses my gosh.

we also watched the mindy project and HOLYS HIT like i was expecting them to do it all season but i honestly didn't think it was gonna be like so in ur face like so fast like no build up or tension whatsoever but then bam it happened and i cried and then it was like RETURNING APRIL 1ST ARE U KIDDING ME

my cuties

i studied chapter 3 in my pharmacology book and then went to my dad's to get the $100 greg was supposed to give me. we brought toad, he was so good on his car ride. we just harnessed him up, no crate, and we was just chillin on my lap purring. apparently he does better crate-less. even though he basically spent the first 6 weeks of his life living in one. we brought zelda too so she could play with her friend, missy, my dad's disgustingly well-groomed poodle. she's really soft and smells like coconuts because her mom baths her every 2 weeks. i should do that

we went to deposit my $100 and i found out i have even MORE money in my account because financial aid disbursed soooo like the idiots we are alex and i went to walmart and bought stuff we needed because hot cheetos are real important

went home, watched another episode of grey's, and fell asleep

xoxo
jello

No comments:

Post a Comment